By Edward O. Frantz
A significant other to Reconstruction Presidents provides a sequence of unique essays that discover a number of vital concerns, issues, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. provide, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st accomplished examine the presidencies of Johnson, furnish, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from best historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the research of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key subject matters contain every one president’s political occupation; overseas coverage; family coverage; army background; and social context in their phrases in office
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
This ebook is exclusive because the in simple terms e-book at the Portuguese parliament in English. The Portuguese parliament is a helpful case examine to appreciate the various levels of improvement of a newly democratic parliament. From laws to Legitimation indicates that, as democracy constructed, the position of the Portuguese parliament replaced significantly.
At the day after the tragic terrorist assaults of Sep 11, newspapers throughout Europe proclaimed, we're All american citizens in lots of assorted languages, crystallizing the unity that such a lot of humans all over the world felt at the moment. yet within the years given that, that stunning friendship among american citizens and Europeans evaporated, leaving as an alternative a growing to be resentment so deep that americans traveled abroad with Canadian flags stitched to their backpacks whereas Europeans held candlelight vigils for the removing of President George W.
This can be a tale of Nigeria, informed from the interior. After a winning occupation within the inner most quarter, Nasir El-Rufai rose to the head ranks of Nigeria's political hierarchy, serving first because the privatization czar on the Bureau for Public corporations after which as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja lower than former President Olesegun Obasanjo.
White residence professional Lauren A. Wright identifies, explains, and measures the influence of the increasing function of presidential spouses within the White apartment and presidential crusade communications method, with a spotlight at the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations. • Examines the 1st Lady's position of bettering the president's public photo and increasing public help for his coverage time table• makes a speciality of the communications and public family members position of presidential spouses• Analyzes each documented public speech made through a primary woman for the reason that 1992• comprises interviews with many in demand former White condo employees participants, newshounds, and presidential crusade strategists
- The Big Vote: Gender, Consumer Culture, and the Politics of Exclusion, 1890s--1920s: Gender, Consumer Culture, and the Politics of Exclusion, 1890s-1920s (Reconfiguring American Political History)
- The War Party: The Politics of National Defense
- The Handy Presidents Answer Book (The Handy Answer Book Series)
- Crucifying Jesus and Secularizing America
Extra info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)