By Panos Markopoulos,Janet C Read,Stuart MacFarlane,Johanna Hoysniemi
Evaluating kid's Interactive Products without delay addresses the necessity to make sure that interactive items designed for kids — even if toys, video games, academic items, or web content — are secure, potent, and interesting. It offers an important historical past in baby improvement and baby psychology, relatively as they relate to know-how; captures top practices for watching and surveying childrens, education evaluators, and shooting the kid person adventure utilizing audio and visible know-how; and examines moral and felony concerns fascinated with operating with youngsters and provides guidance for powerful threat management.
Based at the authors' workshops, convention classes, and personal layout adventure and study, this hugely functional ebook reads like a guide, whereas being completely grounded within the newest learn. all through, the authors illustrate suggestions and rules with a number of mini case reports and spotlight sensible details in counsel and workouts and finish with 3 in-depth case studies.
This ebook is suggested for usability specialists, product builders, and researchers within the field.
* offers a necessary heritage in baby improvement and baby psychology, fairly as they relate to expertise.
* Captures most sensible practices for staring at and surveying teenagers, education evaluators, and shooting the kid person event utilizing audio and visible technology.
* Examines moral and criminal concerns fascinated by operating with kids and provides instructions for potent probability management.
Read Online or Download Evaluating Children's Interactive Products: Principles and Practices for Interaction Designers (Interactive Technologies) PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
The 1st full-scale evaluate of cybercrime, legislations, and coverage
This choice of brief expository, severe, and speculative texts deals a box consultant to the cultural, political, social, and aesthetic effect of software program. Computing and electronic media are necessary to the best way we paintings and stay, and lots more and plenty has been stated approximately their impression. however the very fabric of software program has usually been left invisible.
Human-Computer Interaction: Design and Evaluation: 17th International Conference, HCI International 2015, Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 2–7, 2015. Proceedings, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
The 3-volume set LNCS 9169, 9170, 9171 constitutes the refereed complaints of the seventeenth overseas convention on Human-Computer interplay, HCII 2015, held in la, CA, united states, in August 2015. the entire of 1462 papers and 246 posters offered on the HCII 2015 meetings used to be conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 4843 submissions.
This ebook offers a know-how to aid speech-, listening to- and sight-impaired humans. It explains how they're going to take advantage of an enhancement of their skill to acknowledge and convey speech or to notice sounds of their atmosphere. also, it truly is thought of how sound-based assistive know-how may be utilized to the components of speech reputation, speech synthesis, environmental reputation, digital truth and robots.
- Interactivity, Collaboration, and Authoring in Social Media (International Series on Computer Entertainment and Media Technology)
- Human-Robot Interaction Strategies for Walker-Assisted Locomotion (Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics)
- Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems: 14th Annual Conference, TAROS 2013, Oxford, UK, August 28--30, 2013, Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- New Trends in Medical and Service Robots: Assistive, Surgical and Educational Robotics (Mechanisms and Machine Science)
- Fast Design, Slow Innovation: Audiophotography Ten Years On
- Simulation and Serious Games for Education (Gaming Media and Social Effects)
Extra info for Evaluating Children's Interactive Products: Principles and Practices for Interaction Designers (Interactive Technologies)